Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Brief Stop at Willow Run

The Thunder Over Michigan Air Show is this weekend and I was hearing planes flying over the office as they were heading there.  As a result, I thought I might have a chance to go to Willow Run and see some of the planes.
 The normal spot where I'd try to look in on the airfield was blocked off, so I couldn't even get pictures of the B-52 and Privateer.  I had to settle for pictures of the F-101 Voodoo.  Not that it's a bad plane or anything like that.
 In fact, it's a little better because I can walk around and get different angles.  But it's not the same as getting some early shots of the Blue Angels.
 It was a little overcast and that made for an interesting backdrop.
 Still, I'd rather have pictures of the B-29 or whatever but I guess I'll have to wait.
 Nearby is the RF-84 Thunderstreak.  This is the reconnaissance version of the fighter.  You can see the panels for the cameras.
Again, not the Blue Angels but I wanted to watch some planes.

No comments: