Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Lee A. Tregurtha Passes the Soo

This is one of the reasons why I didn't spend too much time at the Locks.  I wanted to catch one of my favorite ships as she was heading up.  This set of pictures actually represent two days of pictures of her.
 The Lee A. Tregurtha passes Mission Point as she returns to Marquette after delivering ore to Dearborn.
 I'm not sure how often she makes this trip but I know she makes it fairly often.  She gets to do other things though.
 I really can't complain about the weather we had though.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues on.
 I managed to catch her on her trip back to Dearborn after filling up with ore at Marquette.  I think this gives me a pretty good idea of the turn around time.  It also makes me want to head up to Marquette.
 I'll have to say that she has one of the oddest looks of the ships of the Great Lakes but part of that might be because she wasn't originally a ship of the Lakes.
 She still wears her ribbons.
And she continues on as she is about to pass an upcoming subject.

No comments: