Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Honorable James L. Oberstar Makes an Appearance

Next up is the James L. Oberstar.
 I first caught her as I was taking pictures from the lighthouse.  I decided to stay in the lighthouse to get some more pictures of her.  I think this one was my favorite.  The steam coming out of her stack is from her scrubbers which is an effort to reduce her pollution.  It almost makes her look like the steamship she used to be.
 Next,  I caught her in the Locks and because it was Engineers Day, I could get a shot like this.  This was the only ship I caught in the Locks though because there were a billion people there (or so it seemed).
 I had to fight the crowds to get this shot.
 The Photographer from Lincat Photography let me borrow this spot for a second and it was worth it.
 My favorite part of Engineers Day.
 One more shot of her in the locks.
 Then I decided to go back to Mission Point to catch her there.
 I will have to say, she cuts a nice profile.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues down the river.  I believe she was carrying ore for the Dearborn Steel Plant.
And a shot of a upcoming ship in one of my next posts.

No comments: