Monday, July 27, 2015

The Algoway Enters Muskegon

Sometime on Saturday, I found out that the Algoway would be entered Muskegon on Sunday.  As I looked on AIS, I figured that she would be entering around 1:00 P.M. or so.  Before leaving on Sunday, I checked again and determined that was bumped back to around 3:00 P.M. which gave me plenty of time to get over there.
So after stopping at the covered bridge and then lunch, I headed down to the waterfront.  This time, I decided to try a different spot for catching a ship coming in.
It gave me a pretty good vantage point to get the lighthouse in some of my pictures.  It also gave me a good vantage point so that I didn't have to fight around people to get pictures of her.
It didn't take too long for her to make her turn towards the channel.
There was a person standing nearby that was trying to get on this sailboat.  He made it.
I liked the colors on this sailboat.
She was starting to get closer.
It almost looked like she was part of some sort of parade as she was proceeded by several pleasure boats.  I don't think they had her too nervous, as she only made hello salutes and not get out of my way salutes.
Eventually, the pleasure boats started to clear a path for her.
Of course, there were a few stragglers.
Finally, I got a relatively clear shot of her.
The lighthouse and NOAA station.
She gets a little closer.
It's amazing how large one of these ships look when they are right next to you.
A slight distortion by my lens.
Her pilothouse.
And she passes by.  She gave at least two salutes by this point.
A shot of her stack.
The Canadian flag flying proudly in the breeze, but it wasn't cooperating too well.
And she continues on her way.  I'm not sure what dock it was but she was delivering salt from Goderich.  I have a feeling towns are stocking up early this year.

No comments: