Monday, June 15, 2015

Waking Up to the Tecumseh

Friday night I took a look at AIS and saw that there were two ships passing Port Huron that I would be interested in.  One of them was the Alpena and the other was the American Spirit.  Unfortunately they were going to be passing around 8 in the morning which meant I had to get up a bit earlier than that.  The Alpena is worth getting up for in my opinion.
 My first ship was somewhat unexpected though.  I didn't notice the Tecumseh on AIS but that's okay because she's a pretty nice looking ship...for a rear decker.  As you can see, the sky was a little mixed.
 She starts to pour on a little smoke as she makes the turn towards the channel.
 I was standing in the spot where I could get the headshot and I really like this one.
 I pulled back the lens a bit to get the bridge.
 She makes her turn to continue down the river.

 Getting the almost full beam shot.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on her way.  I wasn't paying attention to where she was headed though.

No comments: