Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Muskegon Coast Guard Station

Right next to the pier there is a Coast Guard Station and a facility that houses the Muskegon branch of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.  Normally there are Coast Guard boats docked there but it is rare that I see a NOAA vessel.
 I saw one of the research vessels docked there.  I liked the way the water was smooth, so I took a picture of it.
 Across from me is where the Coast Guard boats are docked.  I've seen a version of the middle one on the Saginaw River but I don't think I've seen it here before.
 This is a utility boat.  This is typically used for search and rescue and water enforcement activities. 
 This is another angle of the boat used by NOAA.
 This is a buoy tender.
 An overall shot of the docks.
I was going to use this picture to do a post on Flag Day but since it is passed, I will post this picture here.  Happy Belated Flag Day everyone.

No comments: