Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Manitowoc on the St Clair River

I decided to head up to the St. Clair River on Sunday.  I was hoping to catch a few ships.  The few ended up being a couple as the group of ships I was following had passed Port Huron by the time I got up there (I should have gone the direct way instead of via M-29).
 So one of the ships I ended up catching was the Manitowoc.  She was actually in Cleveland on Saturday but I couldn't get to a spot where I could catch her.
 I really like the looks of her and her sister, the Robert S. Pierson.  For some reason, they almost remind me of warships.
 Maybe because the pilothouse looks a little sleeker than your typical lake boat.
 I do like the looks of her pilothouse.
 She passes Marysville.
 Then I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch her as she left the river.
 I was in the right spot for a headshot.
She turns towards the way out of the river.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She gets situated.
 A salute from the ship and a friendly wave from the Captain.
 She makes her way towards Lake Huron.
And one more shot of her.

No comments: