Friday, February 27, 2015

As Long as We Remember...

...he will not be dead.

I am not the biggest Star Trek fan but I do enjoy the series.  It took me a long time to realize this based on some of the perceptions of Star Trek fans (or should I say, rapid Star Trek fans).  Of all the characters on the show, I would have to say that Spock was my favorite.  He represented an ideal, where people base their judgements on logic and reason but could take the human point of view when it counted.

In interviews I've seen with Leonard Nimoy, he seemed to carry that ideal to his own personality.  He seemed like he would be a very likable and fun person to be around.  He seemed to be the one to mend fences with the other actors of Star Trek.  He was definitely the best part of the Star Trek reboot.
Even the Spock character that this figure is based on could see the irrationality of a world that was opposite of the Star Fleet ideal.

I will miss Leonard Nimoy.  His final tweet was pretty cool too:
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

Given my hobby,  I try to preserve those perfect moments but even then it is still the memory that makes them come back to life.

Enjoy the stars, Mr. Nimoy.

No comments: