Friday, October 10, 2014

Milkweed and a Thistle

So I was wandering around the office today and I saw these guys out back.  I don't think I've ever caught them as they were just starting to spread their seeds, so I thought they looked kind of cool.  I'm tempted to do a couple in black and white and see how they look.
 This was the first one I stumbled across.  I kind of liked the mixture of the just opened one and the other one spreading things wildly.
 This seems to be how I normally see these things.
 This one kind of reminds me of a cocoa plant.
 I really liked the swirls of this.
 Another kind of odd jumble.
 The odd one of the bunch.
 I think this one may be my favorite of the bunch.
 Although this is a close second.

And I leave you with one more.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Great photographs! A month of so ago I ordered some milkweed seeds for next year when I get around to starting my butterfly garden. Hopefully once they get established they'll offer some interesting photographic shots too alongside helping the monarch butterflies.