Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Philip R. Clark on the St. Clair River

The ship was the Philip R. Clarke.  After watching the Kaye E. Barker pass the park just north of Marine City, I decided to head up to St. Clair to catch the Clarke.
 I would have liked to catch her sooner but circumstances didn't permit that.  St. Clair is not a bad place for catching ships though.  You get pretty good views of boats heading either way.
 If you can get the right spot in the park in St. Clair, you can get a good chance of catching a head shot.  Sadly, for the first one the ship is kind of a ways out.  But I still like the background.
 She turns to continue following the channel.
 And then she has to turn again.  This gives an opportunity for a better head shot.
 You also get a pretty decent three quarters shot.
 Again, the sky looked pretty cool but not as cool as it would have looked yesterday.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her lovely profile.
 I think she was heading down from the Calcite dock near Rogers City and is delivering stone to the Carmeuse Dock on the Rouge River.
 So then I headed down to Marine City to catch her there again.
 I kind of like this shot.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.  This time I got a salute from her.  It was pretty cool.
 Her flag fluttering in the breeze.
And then she continues on.

No comments: