Monday, September 29, 2014

Apollon but Out of Order

The next ship is out of order because I wanted to keep the pictures of the ship in order.
 It's amazing when I see the same saltie twice. It's even more amazing when I see the same saltie three times.  It seems like the runs for salties are so odd that I will rarely see them more than once.  I don't think I've ever seen the same saltie twice in one season.
 Well this makes the third time that I've seen the Apollon this season.  First I caught her in Port Huron.  Then I caught her in Duluth as she was continuing that particular journey.
 It looks like she got a fresh coat of paint between then and now.  She doesn't quite look like the beat up boat I saw earlier.
 I was playing around with video, so I didn't get my normal profile shot.
Surprisingly, she is a Greek registered vessel.  It seems like many of the salties are not registered in their home country.

No comments: