Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Algoway Passes Detroit

I left my cell phone in the car but as soon as I got back to the car, I had to check Marine Traffic to see if there was anything making its way down.  Sure enough, the Algoway was just above one of the Grosse Pointes, so I figured I had enough time to catch her.
 I was waffling a little bit about whether I wanted to try and catch her at Belle Isle or Milliken State Park.  I wasn't 100% certain I would have enough time to catch her at Belle Isle.  It seems that fortune was shining on me because I managed to catch her as she just approaching the island.
 I kind of liked the way the sky looked as I was taking the first picture, so I pulled my lens back a little bit for this shot.
 And I couldn't pass up the head shot.
 And she turned her way towards the channel.  The sky looked pretty cool especially with all the pinks in it.
 It's amazing how bad some of the Algoma ships are looking.  This one looks like she hasn't seen a paint can in a long time.  It makes me wonder if she's not going to be gone soon.
 Well, I will enjoy her for now.
 The beam shot.
 And she passes by.
And one more shot before she slides behind the trees.

No comments: