Monday, July 7, 2014

A Brief Trip to Chicago

I used to be alot more spontaneous in my younger days.  I would think nothing of getting in the car and heading somewhere.  On Saturday, I did just that and drove over to Chicago.  Although I think it may have been a mistake.
 They were doing a fair amount of construction on I-94 through Indiana and that made things interesting.  I was hoping to get to Chicago and find somewhere to park for a little bit so that I could get some pictures of buildings.  I didn't want to go to a structure and pay those rates though.  It was pretty nuts as I got to Michigan Avenue, so I just became content to get some pictures of the buildings and traffic.
 I'm not sure what was going on but this seems to be a fairly typical day in Chicago.  I think there might have been the taste of Chicago or something like that.
 Instead of "Land of Lincoln", I think their license plates should say, "Land of No Turn Signals".  In fact, I think that's what Illinois means.
 One of the lions outside the Chicago Institute of Arts.
 The tall gray building is the Carbon Building.  The smaller building to the right of it is the Wrigley Tower.
 A better shot of Wrigley Tower.
 Even the ambulances were having a hard time making it through the traffic.
 Just some more Chicago hustle and bustle.
 I tried to get a shot of the Hancock Building, but I didn't have the right angles.
 We made it down to anotehr street.
 Heading towards the Chicago Board of Trade Building.
 With the bridge structure on the right, this could have been a typical Chicago scene.
And one more shot before leaving.

It was nice to get over there and get a few shots of the buildings but that was like getting the appetizer.  I think I'm going to have to go back and spend a little more time.

No comments: